Quick, easy and delicious Mediterranean Pita!
Here is a quick, on the go dinner idea for you! It is vegan and can be gluten free as well. You can also switch it up and use any leftover raw veggies you have on hand.
1 pita bread (for gluten free look for the BFree brand, I got mine at Jungle Jim's)
2 Tablespoons hummus
1 serving of Extra Firm Tofu, bite size pieces (3-3 1/2 oz)
1/4 of a cucumber, chopped
1/4-1/2 of a tomato, chopped
1 handful shredded lettuce
1 tablespoon Greek or Italian dressing of choice
1 teaspoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Wrap pita in foil and warm in oven for 5 minutes.
3. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add oil.
4. When oil is hot, add tofu and heat through, turning once, about 6-7 minutes.
5. Toss tofu in Greek dressing.
Build your meal: remove pita from oven. Spread hummus on warmed pita. Layer seasoned tofu over hummus, next add cucumber over tofu, then tomatoes over cucumber. Lettuce can be layered over pita or set on the side.